12/01/2010

Led by the Spirit: a poem by Carrie Judd Montgomery

"As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14

"Oh, what blessed freedom,
Led by Christ alone!
Through His precious leading
Cares and griefs have flown.

Led by Love unerring,
Led by Grace Divine,
Brightly in my spirit
Doth His beauty shine.

Led, but never driven,
By His Spirit  dear,
All my path is restful,
Every step made clear.

Never need of planning,
For He has the care;
His the goal I'm reaching,
His to lead me there.

Led by God's own Spirit,
Can I ask for more?
And when life is ended,
On the other shore-

There the Lamb shall lead me,
By the fountains sweet;
Led by him forever,
Bliss shall be complete."


Poem by Carrie Judd Montgomery, taken from her Heart Whisperings published in1897 and transcribed by Jen Miskov ©. Feel free to share this link with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment